Provincial travel restrictions lifted as B.C moves into Step 2 Tuesday
Dr. Bonnie Henry (Photo supplied by BC Government Flickr)
Step 2 of B.C’s restart plan begins tomorrow
That means you will be able to travel outside of your regional zone to visit family and friends.
Other activities and events allowed under Stage 2 include:
- Outdoor personal gatherings of up to 50 people will be allowed
- Indoor seated organized gatherings up to 50 people will also make a return this week.
- Indoor faith gatherings – a maximum of 50 people, or 10% of a place of worship’s total capacity, whichever number is greater – with safety plans;
- A maximum of 50 spectators for outdoor sports;
- Liquor service at restaurants, bars and pubs extended until midnight; and
- Indoor sports games (no spectators) and high-intensity fitness with safety plans.
The province says over 75% of adults have received at least one dose of the vaccine so far, which is good news because it plans to move onto Step 3 on Canada Day.
Once we move into Step 3, some of the things to look forward to include a return to normal for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings, Canada-wide recreational travel, and no group limit for indoor and outdoor dining.
The controversial mask-wearing health order is also due to be lifted, with masks “recommended” indoors after July 1, and “personal choice” at Step 4 in the fall.